Black Hills Aerial Adventures
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many people can the helicopter hold?
- Helicopters are available to accommodate three to four passengers.
- Is there a weight limit?
- Yes. The Robinson R-44 has a limit of 300 lbs per seat. Seating arrangement is determined by the pilot based on the passengers' weights. Passengers in excess of 300 lbs can often to accommodated in one of our larger aircraft.
- Can we take pictures and video from the helicopter?
- Yes. In fact, we highly recommend it. Also, please share your videos and photos online with us on Facebook – we'd love to see them.
- Is there an age limit?
- No. People of all ages are able to fly. Children two and under are free. FAA regulations require that a seat be available for all passengers, including infants.
- Can we customize our tour?
- Yes, with prior arrangement, we can accommodate most requests for customers flights. Please contact us by calling 605.673.2163.
- Do we have to make a reservation?
- No. We fly seven days a week - May through October - from 9am to 6:30 pm. However, reservations are also welcome.